Find Identity

Discover Purpose

Build Your Dreams

LIFE AFTER SPORTS STARTER GUIDE™

written by Darryll Stinson


Download your FREE COPY NOW!

THE CHALLENGE

Every year, millions of athletes around the world transition out of sports unprepared and ill-equipped to deal with their new life. This not only the case with professional athletes but with college students as well if their athletic dreams do not materialize as they had hoped or if they are derailed by an injury.

Athletes with a strong athletic identity define themselves on the basis of their sport. Their sense of worth, self-esteem, and success are all connected with being an athlete. 

The psychological toll of this can be serious and can contribute to depression, hopelessness – and in some extreme cases – suicide.

CONSIDER THESE STATISTICS...

  • While there are more than 4,000,000 NCAA athletes in the United States, less than 2% of college athletes play professional, leaving 98% to undergo some serious life re-evaluation.
  • Intercollegiate athletes experience greater psychopathology. Examples include more problems with alcohol, and greater risk for eating disorders symptomatology. 
  • Approximately 22% of athletes have difficulty adjusting to being out of the spotlight and turn to drugs and alcohol to cope with the transition.
  • 78% of professional football players become bankrupt, divorced or unemployed after leaving the game.  

“As athletes, we go through life getting praised and making a lot of money. We create a world where our sport is our life and makes us who we are. When the game is taken away from us or when we stop playing, the shock of not hearing the praise or receiving the big bucks often turns out to be devastating,” said NFL superstar, Brandon Marshall following the 2012 suicide of former San Diego Charger Junior Seau. 

THE SOLUTION

We've developed a five-step framework to help former and forgotten athletes rebuild their lives after sports. Athletes who walk through our process leave with clarity of who they are, what they want to do and how they will achieve their new dream. 

The Five Steps: 

  1. Acceptance 
  2. Belief 
  3. Discovery 
  4. Pursuit 
  5. Persistance 

We have the proven resources to transform your life. From on-site workshops to online courses, coaching, consulting and more, we create change from the inside out. We offer a wide array of development and training programs built on timeless principles that get results

"This is exactly what I needed as I am just now transitioning out of sports at the age of 40 and trying to figure out who I am without sports."

Former Men's Body Building Athlete


Former Men's Body Building Athlete


“Over the past few weeks I've been cutting myself and wanting my life to be over because sports was over. I thought about killing myself multiple times. But today, after hearing Darryll speak, I found hope and a desire to keep living.” 

Former Women's Swimming Athlete


Former Women's Swimming Athlete


“I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one who struggled with my transition out of sports. SCA is something the world needs. I'm so glad to be a part of this movement. 

Former Women's Track & Field Athlete


Former Women's Track & Field Athlete


SERVICES


 

COACHING

You know the importance of having a great coach in sports. The same principle applies in your life after sports. Great coaches help you maximize the greatness inside of you.

Our coaches will do just that.  Schedule a free strategy call to explore one-on-one or group coaching programs designed to help you dominate your life after sports.

LEARN MORE

CONNECT WITH OTHER ATHLETES

Join the camaraderie of other athletes who, like you, are overcoming transition challenges and building their legacy beyond the game. 

Our private Facebook community members are the first to receive our latest content, event notifications and product promotions.                                                                                             

JOIN THE MOVEMENT

SPEAKING & WORKSHOPS

We go beyond temporary motivation to create permanent transformation.

We deliver skill-building content and cutting-edge insights that will educate and energize your audience.                

Learn more about our customized, tailored-to-you speaking services here.   

 

LEARN MORE


Second Chance Athletes Blog


Catch up with all the latest news and information from Second Chance Athletes.

New Articles are posted every week.

Connect with Second Chance Athletes


Close

50% Complete

Two Step

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.